Old March 2nd 04, 02:00 AM

I've seen mention of this several times over the last few months. Frank
Robinson always denies that they're working on a turbine ship. Yet, the
rumor continues... It will be interesting to see if anything actually
comes of it.

From a business perspective, I can't see the point in Robinson doing
this, unless they can somehow bring in a competitive ship at a
significantly lower price and DOC.. They seem to be doing just fine,
building as many R44s as they can, and maintaining a many-month
backlog. Frank seems to've found his niche building three-person,
reasonably fast helicopters - why would he want to try to delve into the
turbine world?

Dave Blevins

On 1 Mar 2004 11:30:13 -0800, (Eric D) wrote:

Anyone seen or heard anything on the new six place Robinson? I
understand it will be Turbine powered.