Old August 11th 03, 02:23 PM
James M. Knox

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote in
:

I bought a Sirius Satellite Radio for $100 that is 100% portable
(including antenna that sits on my glareshield) and plugs into my
music jack and lighter outlet and pay $12/month for 100 channels, but
I can't get a 100% portable wx broadcast system, and still have to
shell out over $4K+ $50/month!!!!

It needs a driver, and aviation isn't it. [The airlines don't care much -
heck, most of them don't have GPS yet; and there just aren't all that many
dollars in GA.] My big hope is the same as for GPS - the marine and sports
market. There are enough coastal small boats without weather radar to
force some competition. If they get interested, then we will see those
$200 portable color weather receiver/displays.

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1109-A Shady Lane fax 512-366-4331
Austin, Tx 78721