Old October 15th 03, 02:56 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Stan Gosnell" wrote in message
(PaulH) wrote in
om:

I took my checkride yesterday, and when I attached my Sporty's
flip-down foggles to my glasses, the examiner nearly had heart failure
- "you can't use those!!!!!!!" She said they allow too much
peripheral vision to permit transition to in-cloud flight. We
completed the checkride with a cardboard hood that sort of worked, but
I'd like to find something that
a. works well with glasses
b. can wear with my Lightspeed 25xl headphones
c. allows good view of panel without turning head
d. light weight
e. eliminates peripheral vision

Opinions desired.

She's full of crap, but she's the examiner, so it's hard to argue at the
time.

Besides that, the examiner's arbitrary decision is an excellent way to
stress the student.