Old January 21st 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default 290G Question / Help

I have a converted 290G and would like to add an alternator. I have the
alternator the correct old style case mounting bracket, pulley, etc. My
problem is that the 290G does not appear to have a machined boss for
attaching the tensioning. I have seen photos of several 290G's with
alternators so I know this can be done (just haven't seen a picture of
the tensioning arm attach point). Just need to know what most people
are doing to attach the tensioning arm to the engine block. Any help
with this would be appreciated, pictures would even be better.

Anyone out there with a converted G with an alternator/generator?

Thanks!