Old January 21st 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default 290G Question / Help

In article . com,
wrote:

I suppose I could go with an accessory mounted alternator, but I hoped
to go with an easier setup with the belt/pulley system driven at the
prop end. Much similar to O-320, O-360.

Thanks.

If you can find the adapter, the accessory-mounted alternator is far
better -- no belts to break or come loose, etc. Since the adapter takes
up all side loads, the only loads on the alternator bearings are pure
torque, so the alternator lasts longer. Mine went in in 1983 and has
lasted over 1000 hours.

--
Remve "_" from email to reply to me personally.