Old August 5th 06, 07:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Steve L

Default Where is the work ?

The best way to get your hours is to instruct so that's what I'm gonna
do.. Hopefully, once I get my Instructor ticket I'll be able to crank
out that 1000 hours in less than a year and move on to something
interesting.

As the OP is in Australia, he can't instruct until he has 400 hours.
Which is of course a good thing.

For students - yes; for new instructors - no.
I finally got my instrument rating added to my CFI rotorcraft
helicopter. Started 7 months ago - now I'm a poor guy.

I would be happy to go everywhere to fly without having to pay for it.
And here in the US it is really easy, I had three jobs at once IF I were
not such a damn alien. No work permit and no chance to get one. If I
only were a Mexican! ;-

If anyone needs a CFI RTR IH, ask me please! And I really enjoy
instructing and am pretty sure students will have a hard time finding a
question I cannot answer right now. Although I am pretty sure this will
become boring after some time if it is the only thing you do.