Old August 28th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Steve R

Default used r-22 worth it?

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:11:26 -0400, "B4RT"
wrote:

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...

I dunno about anyone else, but *ANY* odd noise gets my left hand back
on the collective Right Effin' Now!

Funny story:

Like you said I've been pretty hardwired for years on the odd noise or
blinking light thing to be prepped for an auto "right effing now". So a
couple years ago I went out and got my fixed wing ticket and bought an
airplane. Well the airplane has a "bitching betty" and for a few of the
things she says theres a horn sound that goes off right before she talks,
and that horn sounds EXACTLY like the engine out horn in my Jet Ranger. I
can't tell you how many times in the first couple months of flying that
plane that I reached for a collective that wasn't there and almost soiled
myself when that damn thing sounded off.

LOL! Hopefully that plank won't get you complacent in the helo..

Just don't try to bring it to a hover over the main ramp! ;-)