Old July 30th 08, 09:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew B

Default HMS Warrior - 1950s Flightdeck Photos [7 photos, 'bout 350kb)

"Andrew" wrote in message
u...
Hello all

My mother just gave these to me from my late father's collection. Che
thinks (but is not 100% sure) that they were taken on the carrier HMS
Warrior during the Korean War evacuation.

All comments welcomed. Hope you enjoy.

--
Andrew Massey
IPMS Australia #1531

Thank you for the pictures.

Interesting to see that in picture 3 (Firefly) the props are bent back
(aircraft was travelling forwards) but in pictures 6 and 7 the props are
bent forwards (presumably the aircraft was travelling backwards).

I assume that in the case of pictures 6 and 7 (Sea Fury) the aircraft spun
around on landing and lost part of the undercarriage letting the prop blades
touch deck as it came to a halt backwards, though I could be wrong.

--
Andrew B (Cheshire, England)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president Royal Society, 1895.)