Old July 10th 05, 05:58 PM

Anton wrote:
"Keith W" wrote

Yes, its been done with the turbo's for road vehicles

Sure BUT it would be a very complex build as you'd need to build a
compressor stage and burner cans and then couple the
high revving turbine to the transmission.

I know.High revs can be solved with reductor.Now, I need more information
about compressor stage and burner cans
I presume that all this could fit to a car, for example Ford Cortina, or
something like that.
How strong must be, I mean how much thrust could turbocharger from car
produce?Could I make a one man vehicle from that?

So... When I was young, my father told me, "If you have to ask how much
it costs, then you probably can't afford it."

I work in computer software. Once a month or so, someone will ask me,
"how hard would it be to build a program which does XYZ?"

The answer: "That depends."

It depends especially on WHO is building the program.

Have you totally rebuilt an old car, with your own hands, from the
wheels up?

Have you ever taken a car and fitted a much larger engine to it?

Have you ever worked with turbine engines before? (Obviously not, based
on your questions)

If you read about how the Wright brothers built their airplane, they
tackled it in pieces, one step at a time. First they built kites, then
gliders, a wind tunnel, did lots of experiments, another glider, and
then the Flyer. They learned how to solve each problem one at a time.

In order to succeed, you first need to turn your turbochargers into a
turbine engine. Before you can even begin to think about doing this you
need to learn how turbines work. Then you can begin laying out a plan.
This is a project that would probably keep you busy for 5 years if you
work part-time.

As for how much power it puts out, who knows? There's a ton of
variables in there. I'd suspect a few hundred horsepower, maybe more,
quite likely less. It will probably turn out heavier than an equivalent
piston engine, and thus the car will actually go slower. How cool will
that be?

Best,
-cwk.