Old September 17th 05, 11:38 PM
Bob Noel

In article ,
AES wrote:

2018? In 1961 John Kennedy promised the Moon "before this decade
is out." From a standing start, America was on the moon in seven
years.

well, the author starts off with an incorrect statement. In 1961, various
agencies had been working for years on getting into space. "From
a standing start" isn't an accurate characterization of reality.

[snip]
Space exploration with humans is about over.

I fear it is, but I hope people with vision will help us move beyond
this tiny planet.

The bills won't come due until Bush is
safely out of office. Stick the next administration with an
impossibly expensive and pointless program and let them take the
blame for ending human space exploration. This is a poison pill.

Does the author actually care about space or is he just another
Bush hater? A Mulcahy of politics?

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule