Old August 4th 05, 10:28 PM
john smith

Aaron Coolidge wrote:
I had a department store tent as well. 'K-Mart' house brand. I didn't set it
up, but Mike my tent-sharer did. I commented that his tent pegs were a little
short, but he said that it would be OK. Well, it was OK until the Bonanza
behind us fired up at 6AM Wednesday and used full power to pull out of
his spot (wet ground, ya know, the tires sink in). That little debacle
had us scrambling for folding chairs, laundry, etc. for a while.

That's another problem to deal with.
We need to educate the ignorant that it is VERY impolite to power you
way out of your parking spot. The correct method is to ask your
neighbors for assistance in pulling the aircraft into the aisle by hand
(such as we did with the Baron behind Jay at the party Wednesday evening).
Someone is going to get very badly injured when one of the power-users
doesn't get the power off and slides on the wet grass and overruns a
tent or two ahead of them.