Old October 31st 20, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Truck vs Car as a tow vehicle

Funny!

When I showed up at TSA (Texas Soaring Association) with a 1988 Ford
F-150 extended cab, long bed, 4WD truck, I was asked if that wasn't
overkill. But when I moved to Colorado 2 years later, it was just right!

Dan
5J

On 10/31/20 11:29 AM, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
"I have never seen the need for a true truck" For the life of me, I can't believe someone would actually post those words! While, technically true, it just feels like
the first time my Father didn't let me win. I grew up in Idaho, and have had a 4 X Pick Up truck my entire life. Just had to rebuild the differential because I have never used the 4x,
but damnit, I have it!