Old July 31st 03, 06:25 PM
ls

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Frequent_Flyer" wrote in message
.com...
I was noticing their have been a lot of posts on the usenet about this
sports pilot license that doesn't even require a physical.

What is the point of this? I think it is crazy from what I have read.

It
makes it sound like you all you need to do is show a drivers license and

you
can fly a lighweight?

You obviously haven't read anything factual regarding the Sport Pilot
certificate. Except maybe the part about not requiring a physical (and
that's not even a sure thing).

In fact, the Sport Pilot certificate will result in MORE pilots being
required to obtain formal training and FAA certification than they do now.

Pete

There has been more ink spilled (figuratively speaking) over SP than over
practically any other aspect of aviation regulation in history

Good place to start on the Internet is

http://www.sportpilot.org/

Then, get hold of a copy of the NPRM and give it a read. It's quite a mess -
if you can make it all the way through you've done damn good . Finally, if
you can get hold of a copy of the comments sent in during the comment period
(there were thousands, I sent in 3 myself) you'll get a pretty good
understanding of the pros and cons as seen by the UL/light aircraft
community.

Beyond that, there are newsgroups and Yahoo mailing lists galore with all
kinds of stuff going on about SP. I can't even begin to name them all...

Have fun,

LS
AC fun racer 503.