Old April 27th 05, 05:22 AM
R.L.

Amen

"Tom Fleischman" k wrote in
message
news:260420052122024335%bodhijunkoneeightyeightjun ...
In article .com,
Robert M. Gary wrote:

What is bad? Below IFR mins? Primary students SHOULD get some actual
cloud time.

-Robert, CFI

VV 200', Indefinate ceiling, very low visibility, temp/dewpoint spread
0 degrees, gusty winds and heavy rain on and off throughout the day.
I'd say it was pretty bad.

Would you really take a primary student out on a day like that? I
didn't fly that day, wouldn't have if you asked me to. They had no
business being there. I do not disagree with you that taking a primary
student on an IFR flight in actual can be a good thing. In fact I took
such a flight during my primary training as it was a wonderful learning
experience. There are good times to do it and bad times to do it. I do
not think it's necessary to take a primary student down to minimums in
order to give him or her the experience of being in IMC. Saturday was
a very bad day to be doing this. That's my opinion.

If I seem particularly ****ed about this it is because this is the type
of thing that gives GA a black eye and could lead to the closing of an
airport. Believe me, HPN has had enough pressure on it before this.
This will only make it worse.

I'll lay off now. Thanks for listening.