Old November 18th 03, 12:39 AM
George Shirley

Dudley Henriques wrote:

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

"WaltBJ" wrote in message
gle.com...

The big problem PC 'pilots' will run into if they have really

gotten

into 'flying' the PC is that when they get into a real airplane to
learn to fly the instructor will be concentrating on teaching them

how

to control the aircraft by looking !outside! at the real world and

not

concentrating on the gauges. 'IFR/IMC' flying comes into play much
later - first you have to learn to land the airplane and that is

done

looking outside! Also since most of your initial flying will be

done

in the vicinity of the airport it's a damn good idea to watch out

for

other aircraft - 'blue on blue' the hard way is generally not
survivable. That said, I reiterate that you can keep your

instrument

scan/crosscheck up to snuff using a decent PC program more
conveniently and a lot cheaper than renting an aircraft or decent
instrument trainer (AST300 or similar.)
Walt BJ

Hi Walt;
It's funny picking you up in this thread for two reasons. I was

thinking

about you just this morning after I downloaded an absolutely

beautiful

zipper for my FS2004 :-) Secondly, my sentiments about the desktop
simulators are about in line with yours and Mary's.

I am pleased FAA has taken a different position.

No John, I'm afraid the FAA hasn't taken a contrary position at all .

Certainly initial licensing and matriculation of higher skills amoung

civil

operators using simulators is at an all time high. I can't possibly see

how

you could be unaware of that fact and have any connection to the
certification and currency issues for operators.

Since I'm fairly familiar with this issue, having worked on it a bit

myself,

I've pasted in the entire PCATD cert advisory for you to browse if you

wish.

You will note that nowhere in the text does the FAA even come anywhere
close to recommending a simulator during the initial phases of flight
training, which was my salient point.

Dude.

Simulation time can be logged as time for experiance requirements and is
becomming more common, not less.

REALLY????????? WOW!!!!!!!! :-))

Hey John; do me a favor will ya please.....When we get into these little
"conversations" , can you just select a few lines instead of bottom posting
the entire message. It's a royal pain in the ass scrolling down through the
whole mess getting to some two word answer. Besides, my middle finger hurts
from all that "mousing with the wheel thingy in the middle...and if my
middle finger won't work, I can't drive in normal American traffic!!!! :-))
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
For personal email, please replace
the z's with e's.
dhenriquesATzarthlinkDOTnzt

Damn Dud, you owe me a new keyboard, just blew RC cola all over mine.
B-) Besides, I thought you were an ossifer and a gennelman.

George