Old October 27th 04, 08:26 AM
Robert Loer

Default Which antennae please?

I am building a full size Cub look a like from LMA. Fuselage is mostly wood
and fabric. I have a ValCom radio and two antennae. I want to mount inside
the fuselage. On is a typical fuselage top mount with the faired base and
leaning back about 20 degrees. The other is what I believe is called base
loaded antennae which has coil at the base of it and it is claimed no
ground plane is needed. I believe ultrlights use these a lot. Any ideas
which I should go with? the base loaded held in my hand allows me to hear my
local ATIS which is about 12 miles away and a hill in between. I have no one
to transmit to check the output.

Ideas?

Thanks guys.

Robert