Old May 24th 05, 12:08 PM
Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal

On 5/23/05 9:23 PM, in article , "Scott
Peterson" wrote:

Dave in San Diego wrote:

Retired Carrier Sunk Off Atlantic Coast

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050521/...s/carrier_sunk

Has anyone seen any pictures of these tests?

This seemed to happen awfully quickly. Usually it takes years and
lots of manpower and money to prepare a ship and remove all the
contaminants, asbestos, etc.

Anyone else think that the Navy short circuited some of the
environmental regulations they're supposed to follow?

Scott Peterson

Last time I had the opportunity to hear about the preparation for a SINKEX,
the EPA had reps on site to ensure that proper environmental procedures were
followed.

This one, of course, was bigger than any others I've heard of, so I'd bet a
rep was present.

I doubt that the Navy could have circumvented any procedures--even if they
had wanted to. Your comments seem to attach a bit of mistrust.

--Woody