Old October 28th 05, 02:33 PM

Default Lowrance Airmap 100 databse load

pgbnh wrote:
To the OP - I think you will find that if you follow the directions in the
'Readme.txt' on the floppy that you have, and first run 'fixflop.exe' then
you will indeed be able to update the 100.
You are correct - the jeppdata.low file is 1.5m. I think 'fixflop.exe' makes
it work

Unless you have the database and it is NOT on a floppy. Which is how it is
distributed.

I in fact have it as a .zip file. I'm trying to get it on a floppy to
update my lowrance. I use it only for VFR and did not want to spend the
money to upgrade to the 1000 or 500 at this point in my training, but I
missed the last opportunity to update and the database in mine is from
2001. I guess I am cheating a little bit, but I contacted Lowrance to
see if I could buy the last database that 'fit' in the Airmap 100 and
they don't have any more.

John