Old June 10th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default On Anonymity, Moderated Fora, and Usenet

On Jun 9, 10:18 pm, HARRY POTTER wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:
Michael wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of people leaving usenet quite publicly, in favor of
a moderated forum, because the signal to noise ratio on the group has
become so poor. This is of course their right and decision. I don't
intend to follow them, and that of course is mine. I will, however,
point out some major advantages of an unmoderated, anonymous forum -
like this one - for some of the topics we discuss.

Michael

Yes, by all means let's take a look at some of the advantages of an
unmoderated Usenet forum..........like this gem for example, posted
yesterday by some idiot posting here on this Usenet forum using a false
name.

"Dudley Henriques blithered dramatically whilst picking the gonad hairs
from his teeth once fluffy on the testicles of his retaded son "

Of course this Usenet moron has no idea that we just buried our son
after losing him to cancer.

If you can't take comments like that, then why do you post with your real
name on an unmoderated forum?

So pathetic as to make excuses for the behaviour of an ass?

Do you blame rape victims for the crime too? How about leaving your
car parked outside overnight? Is that 'asking' some lowlife dirtball
to come along and vandalize it? Where does personal accountability
fit into your world view?

It's folks with your mindset that create a society of immediate
gratification at the cost of long term good, i.e., if I want it then I
should have it...if I want to slam someone in a cowardly fashion, I
should do that too.

And he never said he couldn't take it.