Old August 24th 17, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Cobra Trailer Wiring Presentation Available for Download

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 11:52:21 AM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Crimp connectors, squeeze some dielectric grease inside the connector
before inserting the wire, helps make the connection last.

Absolutely DO NOT PUT GREASE ON WIRE PRIOR CRIMPING.
Wire and connector need to be perfectly clean, and
you need to use the CORRECT crimping die and the CORRECT
wire size for the crimp connector.

All electrical connections, use dielectric grease, whether in a screw
type terminal block, spade connectors, etc.

Dielectric grease is good for sealing for example rubber boots around
connectors. Keep it away from the terminals.
Another big no-no is putting dielectric grease onto spark plug nuts!

I have also used white lithium lube, wheel bearing grease and Vasoline
(human body type petroleum jelly) instead of dielectric grease.

Do NOT use other greases, and only use dielectric grease as it
is intended to be used. I know this is RAS, but Really!