Old May 19th 05, 04:05 AM
W P Dixon

Hi Gang,
Well from the way I am seeing it, it mentions recreational and private
pilots..but never a sport pilot. Could this be because sport pilots can not
fly twin engines, retracts, etc. so there is no need to be included in the
new rule. A sport pilot must be signed off to fly w/floats, trikes, powered
parachutes, gliders. Seems the new sport pilot rule pretty much already has
it covered as far as getting endorsements to fly other aircraft, in their
category. Seems like what is mentioned in this new rule are pretty much
planes sport pilots can not legally fly anyway? Of course I am sure the FAA
rule is about 3,907,268 pages long and I have not read the official
document, but that is what I am getting from what I am reading on the news
websites.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech