Old March 13th 17, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default SkySight forecast available for SW USA

On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 1:26:25 PM UTC-7, Mike the Strike wrote:
On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 11:41:59 AM UTC-7, JS wrote:
As used at the recent WGC in Benalla... An excellent forecasting tool has been released in the USA, first available for the SW. More to come?
https://skysight.io
I have flown using Matthew Scutter's SkySight website when in Australia and found it extremely useful.
Jim

The graphics are well done and a very useful selection of parameters - I will be evaluating this with my other forecasting tools.

What model does it use for the Western USA?

Mike

Walt Rogers has been comparing it to other forecasts, including HRRR. Believe he's traveling now and will likely comment later.
Jim