Old January 1st 18, 01:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cessna Citation N238JP Runway Incursion at KUDD

Could it be that your radio was not transmitting at the moment?

Could it be that the Citation’s radio was not receiving at the moment?

Could it be that radios sometimes malfunction?

Why would you not abort the takeoff when you hear on the radio that a citation jet is departing opposite direction on the same runway???

0:28 into the video Citation announces departing

You continue to takeoff and at 0:33 you are airborne.

Be careful, the FAA might revoke your license after watching this video. Your action to continue the takeoff would be considered careless and wreckless. Nor did you try to turn away from the runway, you tracked the centerline directly towards the Citation.

I would not go after that pilots career. Instead I would delete your video to protect your license.