Old August 30th 03, 08:40 PM
Rhodesst

We operate floats on all our Jetrangers and our 407. For a 206BIII, I think
the weight difference compared to high skids is about 75lbs. As for an
effect on airspeed I'm not so sure because I'm on the maintenance side of
the company. Yet I figure 5-10 knots. If you want some precise numbers I can
check for you on Tuesday.

mike

Question: I've heard these will float the helicopter, just not necessarily
right side up! :-o

How stable is the helicopter while it's sitting in the water on these floats?
Obviously, rough seas will pretty much doom the aircraft but will it be
reasonably stable on calm water?

Just curious,
Fly Safe,
Steve R.