Old November 9th 04, 03:30 PM
Mitty

On 11/9/04 7:05 AM, john smith wrote the following:
What is a non-published missed?

I get non-published misses 100% of the time when flying practice approaches in
the Minneapolis area. Approach uses them to set me up for my next requested
approach. Just a heading and an altitude, usually. We are fortunate to have 6
or 7 airports (not including MSP) with instrument approaches, so we frequently
fly a "circuit" clockwise or counterclockwise around the metro area, using
airports only once. 5 or 6 approaches in about 1 1/2 hours is pretty easy to
do. I have never gotten a standard miss or a standard hold without asking for them.