Old October 8th 05, 04:13 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ron Garret" wrote in message

My news server seems to have some lag. I presume this is your answer:

I'd create a fix on V21 where it crosses V25, I'd call it MCNIC. I'd
make
the MEA on V21 between MCNIC and SLI 2600'. I wouldn't show it as a
feeder
route, I'd make MCNIC an IAF just like ALBAS.

No, my answer was, "It's IMC. I'd track the 020 radial out of SLI, fly the
approach and land because doing anything else is nutty."

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. As far as I know pilots
can't create fixes, and certainly not while they're in the air.

If my response isn't funny, I'm being serious.

So let me be clear: if you were actually flying this route and lost comm
you'd start a descent at MCNIC. I think I'd do the same thing. But I
also think I'd technically be in violation of the FARs. Do you agree?

It appears you're losing context. Mark Hansen mentioned creating a fix
somewhere on V21 and initiating the approach from that point. My message
was written along those lines, what I would do if I was designing the
approach.