Old April 3rd 04, 04:03 AM
Dave Russell

Default Snaps in the Decathlon

My latest endeavor has been to learn to snap-roll the Super D. A
couple of training flights in an Extra 300 proved that I could learn
to fly them, but transferring that experience to the Decathlon has
been humbling. (As an aside, I *strongly* suggest you do not go fly
an Extra 300 when you own a Decathlon. I *love* the Super D and all,
but Holy Cow, Batman! The Extra is simply an astonishing machine.)

Anyway, my snap rolls suck. The break is mushy, the rotation is
sloppy, my exits are horrible. The rotation is slow enough that I
actually can 'think' while it goes around, but I haven't been able to
get any meaningful acceleration with forward stick.

Any Decathlon instructors wanna gimme a few tips? (And *please* don't
tell me to just trade up to an Extra... poking fun at an addict in
withdrawl is cruel and mean.)

Dave Russell