Old July 8th 07, 11:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Default I just have to get it off my chest.

Dave wrote in
. net:

Clairbear wrote:
"Ray O'Hara" wrote in
:

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
This is just an open thought not directed at anyone in particular.

Regarding YENC:
why should i add another program? i don't killfile yenc-ers to be
rude but
just to remove clutter.

why should i waste space on my machine for a program i don't want,
and which forces me to download several posts to a special folder
and combine them just to see one picture?

the truth is , if you want people to see your stuff put it in a
format they will use.

its an unmoderated group. so there are no rules, just custom. so
feel free to post in yenc, but also expect to be killfiled by many
of us who don't use it.
it's nothing personal,

Gee 1227K for xnews I might have to remove it
and it reads yenc, speeds up access,rejoins multi part posts, and
allows me to access all header on ng
You might be right I guess I'll just have to go back to the
inconvenience of using OE to access the usenet.

I think that things should be as simple as possible.
There are quite a few people who don't know how to setup new programs,
like my 85 year old father, but he likes this newsgroup.
He worked for Curtis back in the 30's and 40's in their experimental
aircraft group in Buffalo.

I vote for keeping it as simple and direct as possible so everybody
can enjoy these great photos of beautiful and unique aircraft.
Just my two cents.

Cheers

Dave

I am not talking about voting on anything. It is just that downloading
and using a program like xnews simply make using NGs easier and more
simplified than using something as cumbersome as OE.
It is easier to set up and use than OE so give it a try you might be
pleasantly supprised

I am not shilling for xnews it is free and there may be others that fit
the bill.