Old August 20th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Default Traffic advisories workload permitting?

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Aug 19, 9:24 am, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

I know that the AIM tell us that class E airspace traffic advisories
are given to VFR aircraft a workload basis. However, I seem to
recall some of our controller friends saying that as long as an
aircraft is currently being given flight following the controller
must either advise traffic or cancel the flight following. I'm
looking for this type of language in the 7110 but I'm not seeing it.

Well I think this finally does it for me on this forum. This is a
question that a year ago would have generated useful answers with
references to the 7110 code. However, I did not get one answer to my
question. I at least thought our controllers Newsp and Steven would
have posted something on this.

I have posted on that subject in this forum many times in the past twelve
years. I've grown tired of it.