Old September 26th 19, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default ASW 27 destroyed by lightning in trailer

I know of an aluminum glider that was struck by lightning once. The strike came through the wing cover at the wing tip and then jumped across the tire to the ground. I suspect the hit traveled along the skin, rather than internally (controls/spar/etc), as the glider was inspected and flew again quite quickly.

Any other stories (aside from a cottonwood tree on my property that has been hit TWICE!)?