Old September 26th 17, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

Default 2017 R4S @ New Castle Va

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 2:59:28 PM UTC-6, John Godfrey (QT) wrote:
Yinz missed a good one.

A total of 25 pilots few 160 flights over 8 days (6 contest and 2 practice days) for a total of 15,397 x-c miles. The longest flight was 165 miles and the fastest was at a speed of 68 mph (over 147 miles) by Karl Striedieck.. No junk was made and there were a total of two off field landings.

This just reconfirms the status of NCI as a premier mountain racing site not only for the conditions and environs (being held during the fall raptor / monarch butterfly migration) but also for the outstanding social scene created through the efforts and hospitality of the club members.

A HUGE wad of thanks to all the club volunteers that donated their time and help to make this event possible once again.

QT

John, QT, we should also add our "Kudo's" to you and your wife for scoring numerous contest year after year, including remote scoring. Also, the time you have given for being CD and especially all your work for the Juniors most don't realize you have done.
Yes, as your not alone, your efforts are well noted through out the soaring community.

Best. Tom #711.