Old September 22nd 04, 03:20 AM
Bob Coe

"Dudley Henriques" wrote

I've never in my lifetime seen the likes of what is happening in this election campaign.
As an American, I'm deeply troubled by what I'm seeing.

I don't really worry about such things, because I know there is a
Lee Oswald out there who is an equalizer.

Jonathan Alter says "Shrum's grand plan wasn't complicated. He
figured that with most voters believing the country is on the "wrong
track," all that Kerry had to do was establish his credibility as a
potential commander in chief and he would win-hence the "bio"
convention.

No need to respond directly to Bush ads sliming him for wanting to
cut the same weapons systems that Bush's father cut. No need to
explain how the Iraq war had been botched. No need to discredit
Bush at all, because he was already thoroughly discredited."

While the rest of the piece is crap, he has it right about Shrum, and
why Kerry lost the election. Dan Rather is a day late and a dollar
short. Kerry is no Commander in Chief material, and even the
mentally retarded can understand that.