Old May 9th 12, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default FAI badge, should I adjust the FR to airport elevation?

"akiley" wrote in message
I have a Colibri II (approved) flight recorder. This device allows
the user to adjust either the current altimeter setting, or adjust its
pressure altitude to match field elevation. Is this ok to do for
badge flights like silver/gold, or am I supposed to leave it set to
standard atmosphere?

....Aaron
Good Question. It really doesn't matter what you do with the settings. All
IGC Approved loggers always record the unadjusted pressure.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.