Old October 14th 05, 04:00 PM
cwby-flyer

Thomas Borchert wrote:

No, but your table doesn't show MAP/RPM settings. So the MAP/RPM settings at
best economy would have to be higher for the same power output. As an aside,
50 degrees ROP is not a good point to run your engine at.

I definitely agree that 50 ROP is not a good place to run your engine,
much better to keep it around 100 - 125 ROP.

As for your assertation that MAP/RPM setting, I must repectfully
disagree (and if I'm mistaken, please let me know - I'm always looking
to learn more). Your power combinations are determined by your MAP &
RPM at a given density altitude and expressed as a percentage of HP.
When you lean the mixture, the RPM/MAP combination will move (assuming
you're not at sea level on a standard day) and then to place the engine
back on your desired % power, you re-adjust the throttle and Prop
levers so that the MAP/RPM match what is in the POH for your density
altitude.

Mike