Old January 25th 04, 04:27 PM
Tex Houston

"Peter Kemp" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:05:58 +1300, "Rats" wrote:

"cypher745" wrote in message
om...
Rats, may ask if you think that the greater loss of life that would

have
resulted from a direct invasion of Japan would have a been a better
alternative?

Umm, what the **** are you going on about? This is about cluster bombs

being
used indiscriminately and killing civilians.

Err. you're the one who changed the subject from cluster bombs to the
bombings in WWII, specifically carpet bombing and the nuclear bombing
neither of which had cluster bombs included.
So getting ****y because someone else challenges you on it is more
than a little immature.

While war itself may very well be a crime whether political, economic or
other, Rats loses sight of the big picture. Bombs are merely tools, no more
no less. Use of a Mk81 at 250 pounds or a T12 at 42,000 pounds, CBUs,
incendiaries, yes even nuclear are just means to accomplish the mission.
Dead is dead. Condemn warfare, not the methods.

Peter, he deserves to be called on his inconsistencies.

Now if we could change this to a subject such as what parameters should you
use to deliver one or more of these bombs from a military aircraft instead
of wallowing in general warfare subjects (for which forums already exist) we
would separate the wheat (of which there has been damn little lately) from
the chaff. Some (I won't say contributors) in this forum seem inordinately
fond of submarines, tanks, NASA and politics. If we stuck to military
aviation we'd be the better for it plus I would not have to maintain a
'Block Sender' list which Rats is assuredly on.

Don't even get me started on Tarver and the fish he hauls in using civilian
bait of little quality.

Regards,

Tex Houston