Old May 16th 19, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Nearest near-miss?

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 8:20:19 PM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 7:49:31 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
For a Standard category glider it was a big pain to install and get the
documentation correct and approved.Â*

For me, the documentation was trivial. I made a logbook entry and got a PAPR https://adsbperformance.faa.gov/paprrequest.aspx (recommended but not required) The TT22 antenna got moved to a more optimal position further back in the fuselage, so I had got a fresh transponder compliance check (which was due anyways). My avionics tech looked over the installation that I did.

It was also very expensive

The TN72 including an interior mount antenna cost ~$400. I also bought a custom length antenna wire for the XPND for a few bucks. Craggy made the interconnect cable for me. I had a fun 5-6 hours doing the install. The transponder was installed by the previous owner.

WAAS GPS box is very large, nearly double the size of the XPND remote box.