Old February 11th 05, 05:19 PM
old hoodoo

We had a p-47 training base here in Victoria Texas. Aloe field, on the
Texas Gulf coast. This field was about 10 miles from a very large AT-6
training base which was called Foster Field.

Aloe field has pretty much disappeared into an industrial park, Foster
Field because Victoria Regional Airport.

It's pretty flat here in Victoria being on the coastal plane.

If you send me some pics I can check on it with our local museum. We
also have the original FF officers club that has a lot of pics of FF and
maybe Aloe. Something might be recognizable.

BOB'S YOUR UNCLE wrote:

Did the Navy ever have P-47's in its inventory?

"Schlomo Lipchitz" wrote in message

I have an unidentified photo of an airbase ramp with about 100 plus
P-47s on the ramp. The P-47s are olive drab with no large white
numbers on the nose. Any idea where this could be? Where were the
P-47 transition units or replacement traning units during the war?
The base is flat as a pancake and I will be happy to email the photo
to anyone who thinks he can help.

Thanks