Old July 10th 04, 01:31 PM

"Matthew P. Cummings" wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 21:12:59 +0000, n4mwd.dont.spam.me wrote:

Low carb has kicked the traditional (low cal/low fat) folks in the
butt.

Actually it hasn't. I saw on TV where they did a small study and had one
group go on the low carb diet and another on low fat. The low carb group
initially lost weight faster, but then hit a point where they slowed down
so much so that the low fat group caught up with them.

Everybody is different. My personal experience has been this: I went
on a reduced carb diet a few years ago. Because it was reduced carb
and not low carb, it took me a year to lose 30 pounds. However, when
I got off the diet, it took two years to gain it back. Then someone
convinced me to try the Weight Watcher's Winning Points diet. Its a
low cal, low fat diet relatively high in carbs. I lost 20 pounds in
30 days. By the next 30 days, I had gained it all back.

Low carb is a lifestyle and not just a diet. Whatever diet you get
on, keeping the same weight means staying on the diet or a form of it
for the rest of your life. Knowing that, its best to pick a realistic
diet that you can be comfortable with and will be able to keep the
cheating to a minimum. There is no way I could do that with the point
diet.

Now I will excuse myself and go eat a great big dish of zero carb ice
cream - all legal on a low carb diet.

Dennis.

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A RECESSION is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A DEPRESSION is when YOU are out of work.
A RECOVERY is when all the H-1B's are out of work."

To find out what an H-1B is and how Congress is using
them to put Americans out of work, visit the following
web site and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news
video: http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm