Old July 25th 03, 05:46 PM
Randy at Home

wrote in message
| On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:59:28 GMT, "Richard Kaplan"
| wrote:
|
| No closure times for the airport. The controllers are usually quite
| accommodating unless you happen to show up right in the middle of peak
| airliner arrivals. Even then the longest delay I can ever recall was
maybe
| 15 minutes.
|
| You have no choice except to park at Signature, however, with all the
usual
| high fees for a Signature. I remember I once landed at PIT with a
student
| on a training flight and we did a U-turn in the far corner of the
Signature
| parking lot and can you believe someone must have been out there with
| binoulars watching my wheels hit their pavement and therefore they sent
me a
| $25 "Ramp Fee" bill?
|
| Or they merely got your N-number from monitoring the tower/ground
| frequencies.

That must be it. I flew in back in 1998 and the GA ramp was closed, so
Ground put us beside a jetway to clear immigration. It was pretty funny
looking up at the jetway from a P28R wondering how to get up there. We got
the $25 bill too, about 2 months later without ever going near Signature.