Old May 25th 05, 05:58 PM
Bertie the Bunyip

Michael Horowitz
:

My A-65 had the lower half redone.
At operating temp. and at idle, the oil pressure is certainly below
15PSI and may be below 10.
I asked the company that did the work and they replied "we don't worry
about low pressure at idle".
Continental says a minimum of 10PSI.
I'll get my A&P to put a real pressure gauge on to see what the
pressure is.
In your experience, does idle typically produce less than 15PSI or am
I looking at a problem?

If it's just had a bottom overhaul and broken in, you should see a bit
under thirty at an idle of around 500 rpm if you have healthy oil pressure
at higher power settings. Down to twenty might be reasonable, but I'd say
something is wrong if you have less than ten at idle. Might very well be
your gauge though, as you say.. ..