Old June 12th 04, 01:15 PM
Robert A. Barker

"rajek" wrote in message
m...
I'm considering buying a 1978 Cessna 152 that the owner is leasing to a
flying club. I'd continue to lease it to the club and learn to fly in
it. (I have 3 1/2 hours now.) I'd hope that plane to earn enough money
to cover most of its maintenance and insurance, including a new engine
in a few years.

SNIP

Asking price is $28,000. The engine has about 600 hours since the last
overhaul.

Without much more info. on condition,avionics,etc. I
would tend to feel the price is high.

My brother bought a new Piper Archer ll some years ago and had a
leaseback with a local FBO.He was not
happy with others flying the plane.Renters are not as careful as owners.He
had to schedule time in his plane
and could not use it if someone else had already scheduled it for that
time.He did not offset enough of the expenses to make it worthwhile and gave
up the leaseback after a while. YMMV

A 152 is going to be used heavily by new students.They do not always
land softly.:-)

I bought a 1966 150 in excellent condition for $18,000
and have been a happy camper.

Bob Barker N8749S

I'd also appreciate any comments or advice.

Thanks!