Old February 12th 05, 05:51 PM
Dan Luke

"Paul Folbrecht" wrote:
What does it take, realistically, for you to feel proficient and safe
flying and shooting approaches in actual?

I have to practice at least once a month if I don't get any actual
"naturally." If the weather is down on the weekend, I usually take the
opportunity to fly approaches to the local airports for practice.

If you don't get actual time, do you still regularly practice
approaches simulated with a safety pilot?

Yes.

As your overall time increases, does it take somewhat less flying to
maintain that same level of comfortable currency?

Less than it did it first (5+ years ago) because I've become quite
comfortable with working the ATC IFR system. My scan and attitude
instrument flying skills still require pretty regular work, though.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM