Old August 6th 04, 02:24 PM
Jay Masino

In rec.aviation.piloting Jay Honeck wrote:
Dunno about that -- but I did want to mention that there is a product
available to slave your autopilot to the AvMap.
Vern (the AvMap guy) had one in his box of stuff, and he told me that it
works terrifically with OLDER autopilots like I have -- which is great news.
(For ONCE there is something cool that doesn't require that I buy a new
gizmo.)
Their website is www.porcine.com I haven't had time to look into it, but
it sure sounds like a dream come true -- it basically makes the AvMap into a
real flight director.

Just remember that it really isn't legal to use this box in a certified
aircraft, unless you get some sort of field approval. He specifically
says it's for homebuilts. Your GPS is portable, and the Porcine box is
portable, but the minute you hook it to your autopilot...

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___