Old April 1st 04, 03:26 PM
Dave Butler

G.R. Patterson III wrote:

Dave Stadt wrote:

The departure procedures to the east are absurd and
dangerous. Ought to be a law against such nonsense.

There's a complainer that lives off the western end of the runway at 47N. They
initiated a procedure to try to placate her. Every aircraft was expected to make a 45
degree left turn about 100 yards from the end of the runway. About a year after that
went into effect, a Cherokee stalled immediately after turning and pancaked into a
golf course, killing both occupants. They're back to straight out departures now.

I don't understand. That doesn't sound like an extraordinarily dangerous
maneuver to me (turning, that is. Stalling that close to the ground is obviously
dangerous).

Dave
Remove SHIRT to reply directly.