Old April 2nd 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default PSRU plans

Inside the transfer case, there are 2 silent chain sprockets. They are both
the same size, so the ratio is 1:1.

That's fine for me right now, because I don't approve of running an american
V8 at 5000 RPM continuous and expecting it to hold up long term. At 2600
RPM, I get right at 200 HP. If I need more than that, it will be very short
term, and nitrous oxide injection can get me another 75 HP for a few
seconds. But I'm not there yet. 200 HP may be just fine all around.

If we insist on a 1.8:1 or so PSRU, different sprockets are available.
http://www.ramseychain.com/products.asp

To change this, I'm going to have to buy one or 2 new sprockets, and machine
the
"ADK" wrote in message
What ratios are available using transfer case drives?