Old February 10th 15, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pawnee with Tost internal tow rope system

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 9:56:17 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the rope still be attached to the
glider along with the weak link after the rope is guillotined at the tug
end unless of course you are towing off a belly hook with a back
realease

:-) Colin

--
Ventus_a

Yes Colin, and that's why you have a radio to hear the tow pilot tell you that he/she cut the cord. You can then drop the towline over the glider field so the valuable Tost rings can be retrieved (at least that's what I would do).

I doubt most pilots will need to be told that the rope just got cut.
Depending upon how it falls back, it is fairly likely to back release.
We should assume it didn't and do as Herb says by operating the release where it would fall safely and possibly be retieved.
UH