Old June 15th 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki[_2_]

Default PHIL BOYER: 40% OF AOPA MEMBERS ARE SIGNIFICANTLY DECREASINGTHEIR FLYING DUE TO FUEL PRICES

Martin Hotze wrote:
kontiki schrieb:
I just think its stupid to bankrupt a nation
for the sake of a religion... and observe nation that *are* producing
energy soak up money from hard working Americans.... when it doesn't
have to be that way.

1) What do you want to do? It's their oil. For sure it is not yours or
ours.

Sir, the United States has lots of oil, coal and gas resources. We
siply do not exploit them as other countries do. We just pay through
nose and make them rich.... and they are very happy. They are buying
up property in the US as we speak with the wealth they obtain.

2) What will you/we (in 1 or in 10 or in 50 generations?) do when all
the oil is gone?

Sir, yes, the oil (gas and coal) may perhaps be gone one day many years
hence. Hopefully we will have used what the sun provided in a wise way.
Either way, its there... in the earth. It is ours to be used for good
and to provide for a way of life. Other countries are utilizing their
resources rather effectively, wouldn't you say?

If the price of corn went up to $50 dollars an ear would you whine
and complain... starve yourself and say "the days of much corn are
gone, but that is good because the sun will burn out one day...."
or would you plant more corn and prosper?