Old July 24th 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Flying in Honolulu

On Jul 23, 1:06 pm, Sam Spade wrote:
wan2fly99 wrote:
On Jul 18, 6:47 pm, Andrew Sarangan wrote:

On Jul 17, 8:34 pm, wan2fly99 wrote:

II have a Canadian commercial license. Will be going to Honolulu
Oct-18. Can anybody tell me where maybe I can rent (I guess with
instructor) to do some flying around the island there

I woul;d love to fly there. Lookinfg more for a twin thought Can't
swim

Many years ago I took a flight with an outfit called "Flight School
Hawaii". One trip around the island was something like 2 hours in a
Cessna 152. They are located at HNL.

Thanks will try to look them up then I think it would be awesome

Sometimes, those folks over there won't give dual unless you sign up for
a course. But, they will offer you a scenic flight, but may want to
fill all seats with cash customers.

It shifts with the wind, like most things in Hawaii. ;-)

I went out to HNL with the intention of flying my family around, and
ended up earning my seaplane rating instead and then taking my family
up in that. If you're interested in that, Pat Magie is still over
there, flying his 206 and hopefully he's got his Beaver back up and
running. On the road with all the other GA outfits, instead of turning
right towards the airport, Pat's dock is on the left. Real nice guy,
his wife Debie is real nice as well.