Old July 21st 03, 03:27 PM
Peter R.

(SD sdatverizondot.net@) wrote:

snip
My wife seems to
think it is a good idea, and of course the owner of the flight school
thinks it is a very good idea (no surprise there), but what do you
guys think about this?

What are the insurance costs for a C172RG that is going to be used for
rentals, assuming you include hull value in the policy?

What are the expected hours your C172 RG will rent per month? Have you
asked other renters at your school if they would rent a retractable gear
aircraft knowing that would mean more instructional hours and instructor
signoff?

Have you stepped through the AOPA leaseback expense model to determine what
your realistic expenses will be versus your leaseback income (you are a
member of AOPA, right)? I do not own a RG aircraft, but I have read that
maintenance expenses are higher, especially when offering the aircraft for
rent.

--
Peter