Old May 17th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Whiting

Default Repaving evicts us from our hangar?

Jay Masino wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote:
Two months to pave a ramp? Either you have the biggest ramp known to
man or the slowest paving contractor.

Well, they're not just re-paving. They're breaking up and removing all
the old asphalt, digging down 12 inches (reportedly), adding a layer
of gravel, and then re-paving. It's a fairly large ramp, but I think
all these other steps are what's making it a big deal.

Never the less, the Town of Ocean City seemed fairly indifferent to the
convenience of the hangar tenants. I've heard some information to the
contrary over the last 24 hours. We'll see.

Even so, there is no reason this can't be done in stages that would
prevent having to have everyone locked out for 2 months. A smart
contractor would do this in stages anyway so that all of his personell
can be working at the same time - demolition, debris removal, adding the
new gravel and paving. If he does all of the demolition, and then all
of the debris hauling, and then adds all of the gravel, and then does
all of the paving last, that is just very poor construction management
and utilization of equipment and personnel. If they run all of these
concurrently in close sequence, then they should be able to pass each
hangar in a couple weeks or less and allow the other hangars to remain
in use.

Matt